Burleigh Roof RepairApril 2, 2016
Ormeau House RestorationApril 8, 2016
For this Paradise Point Roof Restoration on the Gold Coast we pressure cleaned the roof, replaced chipped, cracked and broken tiles, sealer primed the roof, gutters and fascias and double coated the roof with Dulux 962 Ebony with an additional coating of Nano protect.
The Nano protect product is actually supplied and manufactured in Brisbane by a company called Shieldcoat this product is designed as a fine molecule coating used in a four coat system to increase the longevity of the roof surface in relation to fade. The gutters and fascias on this house we also sprayed in Ebony using a Dulux weather shield low sheen product.
This householder is also working through colour charts and possibly meeting up with a Dulux colour consultant in relation to having us also paint the exterior of the property including all fences.
The tile roof restoration process
- Inspection/Repair – The entire roof is inspected for damaged tiles, loose or missing bedding, moss and lichen. Damaged tiles and faulty valley irons are replaced where required.
- Clean – The roof is high pressure washed with water directed away in an environmentally friendly manner using lay-flat hosing as required.
- Re-bed & Re-point – Ridge capping is re-bedded, where required. Ridge capping is then re-pointed with a flexible acrylic pointing mix.
- Sterilise – Fungal and algal spoilage must be treated before recoating. AcraTex® PrepTreat is applied after cleaning to sterilise the surface.
- Primer/Sealer – The entire roof area is sealed to ensure strong adhesion with Roof Membrane Next Generation. A range of specialty primers are designed to work in system to suit specific conditions.
- Roof Membrane – Two coat application encapsulating the surface. Roof Membrane Next Generation provides ultimate protection, durability and weather proofing.
Affordable Total Restorations can restore your roof, Our services also include house painting and which we can give you an obligation free quote when quoting your roof. See other examples of our work