Helensvale Roof RestorationMarch 18, 2016
Burleigh Roof RepairApril 2, 2016
The Coombabah Roof Restoration involved units that are a part of a complex in Coombabah on the Gold Coast, the meterage being 2500sqm. With this project the body corporate requested a four coat Dulux system to ensure increased longevity and performance.
Some of these units for the Coombabah Roof Restoration were two storey which required staff to use harness systems to ensure that health and safety requirements were met, with additionally using extra staff in assistance.
The colour used on this project was Dulux roof membrane 962 Dark Terracotta. This project also required in excess 70 roof tiles having been replaced and 8 to 10 caps also having to be supplied and fitted.
This project was spread over a week and a half using a team of 4 experienced tradesmen.
The tile roof restoration process
- Inspection/Repair – The entire roof is inspected for damaged tiles, loose or missing bedding, moss and lichen. Damaged tiles and faulty valley irons are replaced where required.
- Clean – The roof is high pressure washed with water directed away in an environmentally friendly manner using lay-flat hosing as required.
- Re-bed & Re-point – Ridge capping is re-bedded, where required. Ridge capping is then re-pointed with a flexible acrylic pointing mix.
- Sterilise – Fungal and algal spoilage must be treated before recoating. AcraTex® PrepTreat is applied after cleaning to sterilise the surface.
- Primer/Sealer – The entire roof area is sealed to ensure strong adhesion with Roof Membrane Next Generation. A range of specialty primers are designed to work in system to suit specific conditions.
- Roof Membrane – Two coat application encapsulating the surface. Roof Membrane Next Generation provides ultimate protection, durability and weather proofing.
Affordable Total Restorations can restore your roof, Our services also include house painting and which we can give you an obligation free quote when quoting your roof.